Mine winch is specifically designed for mining operations. It is mainly used to lift or haul coal, copper, silver, iron, zinc and other minerals. This machine can be installed in or outside the mine to perform winching operations. The mining winch supplied by our company can be designed with a range of load capacities and drum capacities, and it can also be custom designed and built to meet your diverse needs.
What Does A Mine Winch Do?
The mine winch plays a pivotal role in various mines and mining projects as it delivers efficient and safe lifting or pulling operations. The winches can be used for many different purposes. Typical examples are:
For material handling when mined material needs to be brought out;
For service purposes when replacement material needs to be brought in.
Such winches are specifically fabricated for the needs of each site and operating conditions. They are essential in deep mining and hydro-power industry for efficient and productive operations. According to your purpose of operation and environmental condition, you can select a proper type of mine winch system at our company.
Example of A 3 Ton Mining Winch in Zimbabwe
One of our Zimbabwean clients is in the mining business and needed a mine winch to be installed at the mine vent to lift underground materials. After confirming the customer’s needs, we recommended the AQ-JK 3 ton electric winch to the customer, which is very cost-effective, with the drum capacity of 220m, double brake and variable speed of 3-30m/min.
What Does The Zimbabwean Customer Say?
Custom Designed Mine Winches For Your Specific Application!
Aicrane has a dedicated team of engineers who can provide custom designs for your specific mine application. For example, if there are flammable or explosive gasses in your working environment, we can design and build the winches with explosion proof features. The explosion proof winch is available with several options and it can be fabricated according to your particular requirements:
- Explosion proof motor: the explosion-proof motor rates at IP66 and F class insulation.
- Controls: our machines are available with a variety of control options to meet your specific need, including control box and remote control. The control box is designed with explosion-proof enclosures for indoor and outdoor uses in hazardous atmosphere.
- Limit switch: explosion proof limit switch is fitted for secure operation.
- Durable paint finish: special finishes are meant for better corrosion resistance and longer life.
Additional Options And Accessories to Ensure A Perfect Winch System!
Designed for vertical lifting or horizontal traction, this particular machine comes in a variety of options and accessories to ensure you end up with the perfect system, including but not limited to:
Single or double drum
Grooved drum for improved rope spooling
Drum guard to protect the user
Pressure roller for better rope winding on the drum
Limit switch to limit upper and lower stroke
Band brake fitted on the drum
Clutch for pulling winches
Control box, pendant control or wireless remote control
Special coating system for hazardous working environment
Features of Electric Mine Winch System
- High Performance – It has reliable and stable performance. It delivers accurate operation, long lasting service and precise spotting control.
- Excellent Safety – We offer a variety of safety devices to protect the operator, such as drum and control guard. The remote control is supplied for a safe operation.
- Durability – All of our products are made of high quality materials to achieve maximum in durability. Durable paint finish is also utilized for longer working life.
How to Select A Proper Size of Winch in Mining
When choosing a winch mining, there are several factors you must to consider in order to properly size your winch.
- 1. Load capacity: the first thing to be determined is the load to be raised and lowered. The equipment can be custom designed and built to meet your heavier lifting needs.
- 2. Rope: determine the size of rope, including length and diameter. The rope must be strong enough to bear the total load and its own weight.
- 3. Drum: determine the size of drum. It is available with a variety of options, such as single drum winches and double drum winches. The larger the drum, the more strength will be delivered for useful work.
You can discuss your winch specifications with one of our experts to get the right winch system for your business!
Tips For Safe Operation
In the mining industry, it is essential to ensure a safe winching operation since every situation has the risk of personal injury. Before using it, you should familiarize yourself with the operation and always keep safety in mind. There are several steps for safe operation:
- 1. Before operation: inspect the equipment before operation. For instance, check the rope condition to make sure it is not frayed or broken. The rope should be properly wound around the drum.
- 2. During lifting and pulling operation: the operator should stand clear of the rope and load during operation. Keep others away. Never exceed the rated load capacity. Do not use it to move persons. Never leave the winch with less than 5 wraps of wire rope around the drum.
- 3. After lifting operation: maintain your equipment on a regular basis to extend its working life. Keep the rope and drum clean; since each winching situation is different, a good judgment and consistent focus on safety are critical. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
Contact Us For The Latest Mine Winch Price!
Looking for dependable mine winch suppliers or want to get the latest prices? Aicrane is here to offer what you need.
1. We have over 10 years of experience in winch industry and are committed to supplying bespoke solutions to meet the most demanding applications.
2. We never compromise on quality. We provide our customers with quality assurance. The product provided by our company is built with high quality components. We also utilize advanced processing facilities to ensure its quality.
3. The winch prices we offer are competitive compared to other winch suppliers.
4. We offer a full range of after-sales service, including the equipment installation and commissioning, staff training service, 12-month warranty, etc.
We have a professional team to help your select the right mine winch solution for your application. If you are unsure as to which types of mine winches are right for the job, simply fill out the contact form below or email us to discuss your mine winch specifications with our experts. Contact us today to get a mining winch price!