We provide various capacities and sizes of hydraulic tugger winch for the service on offshore support vessels. Anchor handling and ship handling are two essential activities of this tugger machine. According to your technical requirements and the size of the anchor and ship you will be handling, we will offer you the most appropriate winch equipment to maximize your work efficiency and safety.
Applications of Hydraulic Tugger Winch
Hydraulic tugger winch is used to support the crew in the heavy duty applications. It can handle anchors and boats with constant power. This winch can be used on various offshore support vessels, such as:
- Anchor handling tug supply vessel (AHTS)
- Towing vessels
With robust construction and high strength, this durable and reliable tugger winch allows the crew to conduct operations safely and efficiently.
Hydraulic tugger winch parameters:
- Load capacity: 5 ton – 300 ton
- Drum capacity: 200m- 1500m
- Speed: 4.5m/min – 20 m/min
- No. of drum: single or double
- Certificate: BV, ABS, DNV, RMRS, etc
Technical Features of Hydraulic Tugger Winch
- Robust welding structure offers long service life.
- Driven by the hydraulic pump station and hydraulic motor, the hydraulic winch starts smoothly without impacting the power system.
- Stepless speed change can be achieved by using the hydraulic proportional valve.
- Winch is equipped with emergency release functionto ensure the safety of the ship in the harsh marine environment, avoiding the risk factors that threaten the stability of the ship.
- Overload protection system is designed for safe winching operation.
Advantages of Hydraulic Transmission
Hydraulic tug winch is suitable for the most demanding tasks in marine and offshore applications. There are numerous advantages to using hydraulic transmission:
- The hydraulic system can work under a large pressure, so the hydraulic transmission is easy to obtain a large force or torque, thusmeeting various needs of ship
- Hydraulic transmission can achieve stepless speed regulation.
- The hydraulic components have small inertia, and the oil can be regarded as non-compressible, so the system is sensitive in action, fast in response and reversing, and adapting to rapid changes in marine conditions.
- Hydraulic transmission uses hydraulic oil as the working medium,which has the ability to absorb vibration, so the system runs smoothly.
- Hydraulic transmission has various forms of actuators, which can be directly connected to the mechanical machine, complete various complex actions and simplify the mechanism.
We offer a wide range of options to make sure you end up with a perfect winch system:
- Single or double drum
- Central remote and local control
- Manual or hydraulically operated band brake
- Manual or hydraulic operated clutch
- Warping head
- Rope spooling device
- Load limiter
- Limit switches
Tugger Winch Selection Guide
Selecting a winch requires you to take a number of factors into account. There are some common requirements when specify a winch for your application:
- What is the winch used for?
- What capacity do you require?
- What rope length and diameter are required to be stored on the drum?
- What winch speed is required?
- Is electric or hydraulic drive is required?
- What type of control do you require?
- Do you require additional features? such as spindle limit switch, rope guider, overload protection, drum guard, etc.
With a wealth of experience in the winch industry, we have the expertise to help you select the most appropriate winch system for your application. Send your inquiry now for a free quote.
Guide to Safe Winching
To reduce the risk of personal injury, be constantly safety oriented and familiarize yourself with safe operation of your winch. The following are some tips to make sure your winch works efficiently and safely:
- Make sure the foundation of winch is in stable condition
You should check the overall stability of the marine winch prior using it. To ensure a safe operation, you should not neglect this issue.
- Check drums, brake linings and hinge pins thoroughly
Winches have to be checked for possible faulty brake gear and the condition of brake drums are safe.
- Check wire rope regularly
Regular inspection and maintenance of wire rope is vital to keep the winch working effectively and efficiently. And also make sure the wire rope is correctly reeled on drums.
- Check rollers
Rollers should be able to turn freely and be well greased to prevent materials getting stuck in between, thereby damaging the winch during operation.
- Never leave a winch in gear with the band brake on, otherwise the hydraulic drive will be damaged.
We not only supply a variety of winch products, but have the knowledge and expertise to offer you an extensive range of support services for your project. We can provide all you need:
- Technical support – we provide technical service and design the most suitable winch system for your application.
- Installation and commissioning of the equipment – we can send experienced engineers to the job site to guide you through the installation and commissioning.
- Staff training service – we offer staff training on the safe use and operation of winches.
- 12-month warranty
- Spare parts service
To learn more about Aicrane hydraulic tugger winch, simply give us a call.