What is hydraulic mooring winch?
Specifically speaking, it is a simple winch machine that is designed to be hydraulically driven.
This type of winch can work effectively when the ship is berthing, and it has many functions such as supporting and positioning during loading and unloading, at the same time, compensating for the deviation caused by vibration.
Different Types of Hydraulic Mooring Winches
Our winches can be supplied with both single drum and double drum options to meet different mooring needs. According to the way it is arranged, there are right-hand and left-hand options with various capacities. The selection of this winch is determined by user’s preference. The winch is also available with coaxial and waterfall type.
The winches offered by our company can be designed into any size and capacity. Besides, they can be custom designed and built to meet your special requirements. If you are buying a winch from us, you can benefit from the compact design, superior quality, stable performance, and also the most competitive price.
With so many types of winches out there, it is very important to choose a winch with the right features and functions, which will help you get the job done efficiently and safely. For more details, you can talk to one of our winch experts online.
|Model||Hydraulic mooring winch|
|Load capacity||10 ton – 50 ton|
|Drum capacity||100m- 1000m|
|No. of drum||Single or double|
|HPU||Provided as customized|
Features of Mooring Winch
- Various control options
- Hydraulic power
- Made of high quality steel for great strength and durability
- Durable marine grade coating for better corrosion resistance
- Design standard based on BV, ASB, DNV, RMRS, etc.
- Optional warping head
- Factory assembled
- Various safety equipment options for safe mooring operations
Common Uses of Hydraulic Mooring Winch System
As an important component of the mooring system, the winch can secure a ship properly to the berth for any purpose such as cargo loading and discharging. The winch drum is a critical unit that is used for hauling in or letting out the rope or cable, thus fastening the ship to the berth without drifting and moving. The hydraulic motor mooring winch can be used for simple mooring operations. It is also ideal for more complex applications.
Whatever your applications, we can offer a proper winch solution that works towards your goals.
Considerations When Selecting A Winch
In order to select the right winch machine for your applications, you should consider a few things, including:
- The required drum capacity
- Holding load (usually 3 times the drum capacity)
- Diameter of rope or cable
- Nominal speed (single speed, two speed or three speed)
- Rope capacity
- Do you need a rope guide?
- The operating voltage
- Drive mode: hydraulic
- Structural form (single drum/double drum, left-hand/right-hand, coaxial/waterfall)
- Do you require an automatic mooring system?
- Do you require a warping head? If so, what is the required cable load and nominal speed?
- How is the working condition?
- Do you need a classification society certification?
These questions are very useful for identifying a proper winch equipment. In case of doubt, contact us at any time.
Hydraulic Mooring Winch Parts
The main components of winch include hydraulic motor, drum, rope or cable, manual clutch, manual band brake, hydraulic pump, control system. The warping head is optional to meet different mooring operations. For combined mooring winch, it also comprises gypsy wheel. All these parts are supported by a substantial frame.
Winch drum is the unit onto which the rope or cable is wound. It can be designed with large drum capacity.
For hydraulic double drum mooring winch and warping winch, clutch is generally fixed between the drive unit and the drum.
- Brake system
Each winch is fitted with drum brake. The hydraulic motor is designed with individual brake system.
- Warping head
The winch can be designed with or without warping head. The design of its shape is in line with GB7390.
- Operating device
The direction of movement is clearly marked on the equipment to ensure a safe mooring operation.
- Rope guide
The automatic rope guide can be fitted on requests.
Hydraulic Mooring Winch Operation
Through hydraulic power pack units, the hydraulic motor drives the winch drum to rotate, which will wind the rope or cable in and out. The resulting tension can help berth a ship ashore. We offer a variety of control options to meet your performance and operating conditions. The hydraulic winch is usually operated by means of hydraulic or valve control.
There are several tips to ensure a safe mooring operation:
- Make sure the foundation is in good condition. Before using the equipment, you should perform an overall check to ensure its stability.
- Check the brake system thoroughly to ensure it is in good working condition.
- Check the rope or cable regularly to make sure it is not frayed or broken. A periodical maintenance is critical to keep the winch working effectively and efficiently.
- Rollers should be well greased to prevent materials getting stuck in between.
- Make sure the mooring lines are properly spooling on the drum.
Quality Hydraulic Mooring Winch for Sale
Whether you are looking for a single unit or a large lifting solution, we are capable of designing a cost-effective and high quality winch product to the marine and subsea industry. With a wealth of experience in the winch industry, we offer a complete service system, from the winch design, fabrication, delivery to the installation, commissioning and maintenance. Our winches can be used for basic mooring operations as well as other more complex applications. In addition to hydraulic system, the equipment can be powered by electric motor or diesel engine. That is to say, we offer electric mooring winch and diesel mooring winch to meet varied mooring needs.
To get the latest price of hydraulic mooring winch, contact us online today!