Hydraulic winch is especially designed for heavy-duty lifting, pulling and towing operations. It is a good choice when an electric winch machine cannot match your operating and performance conditions. Powered by a hydraulic system, this type of winch has more strength than an electric power winch, thus it is ideal for the most demanding tasks in construction, mining and marine. Our winches can be designed and built into any size and form to meet your application demands.
Advantages of Utilizing Hydraulic Driven Winch
- Designed for heavy-duty work, it makes the winching operation more effective.
- The winch can provide constant and durable performance throughout the job.
- It provides different ranges of pulling capacity to handle small to extremely large loads.
- This form of winch delivers safe and reliable operations.
- The drum winch delivers more accuracy in control and movement since it works using incompressible oil.
Common Applications of Hydraulic Power Winch
The hydraulic winches supplied by our company are mainly used to perform lifting, pulling and towing jobs in a variety of fields and sectors.
- In construction and installation sites to lift and move heavy loads.
- In factories for placement and movement of heavy equipment.
- In mining areas to handle coal and metal ores.
- Installed on boats and ships for the intention of anchoring, mooring and towing.
- In oil and gas industry for the movement of products and tools.
For construction application
For marine application
Which Type of Hydraulic Winch Do You Need?
Learn about different types of hydraulic winches available
Before selecting a winch, it is very important to familiarize yourself with the various types of winches. We offer different forms of winches that range from small capacity winch to large capacity heavy duty winch to suit your specific needs. These winches can also be classified in many different ways:
- According to the function it performs, it can be divided into lifting winch, pulling winch, towing winch, mooring winch and anchor winch.
- According to duty cycle, it can be classified into light duty winch and heavy duty winch.
- According to transmission system, we have hydraulic planetary winch and worm gear winch for you to choose from.
- According to the drum configuration, there are single drum and double drum winch to choose from.
Several factors to consider when buying a winch
When you are selecting a hydraulic system for your applications, there are several things you need to consider:
- Rated load capacity
- Drum capacity
- Uses and working environment of winch
With so many types out there, it may be not easy for you to determine which type of winch is right for your business. So if you have any need, please feel free to contact us online and discuss your required winch specifications with our engineers.
Basic Components of Electric Hydraulic Winch
This form of power winch is mainly composed of hydraulic motor, drum, gear box and control valve. The gear, hydraulic motor and brakes constitute a complete driving unit. Compared to the electric winches, the installation of hydraulic system is somewhat tricky since it requires additional equipment, such as pipes and fittings. And also it needs more maintenance care.
- Worm gear transmission or planetary transmission
- Single or double drum
- Grooved drum for better rope spooling on the drum
- Drum guard
- Drum pressure roller for uniform winding
- Limit switches
- Emergency hand crank
- Proportional control valves or hydraulic power packs
Why Buying A Hydraulic Winch From Aicrane?
- We are reputable winch manufacturer and supplier specialized in winch industry for over 10 years.
- We can ensure that the winch price you receive from our company is the most competitive.
- The design and fabrication of our winch machines are in line with national and industrial standards, and they are also built with high quality components that are sourced from reputable suppliers.
- In addition, we offer winch installation and maintenance services if needed.
To get a quotation, tell us your intended winch specifications via email or call us!
What Winch to Buy – Electric Or Hydraulic Winch?
Both hydraulic and electric winches are substantial parts of winch products. Each type of winch has its own pros and cons with respect to strength, working environment, durability and ease of use. Here comes a question, how do you know you should utilize a hydraulic or electric system.
First of all, when there is already a source of hydraulic power, the hydraulic system can be the first choice.
Second, since the winches can deliver extremely high forces, it is the best option for the most daunting tasks.
Third, the hydraulic system is a better choice for mobile applications.
Finally, the compact hydraulic winch can be very sturdy and reliable. That’s why it is more often found in both onshore and offshore applications.
In spite of great strength and durability, there are some downsides associated to the winch.
One the one hand, it is more expensive than the electric type winch. On the other hand, it requires more maintenance care since the lines, pipes and filters all need to be checked, changed and cleaned regularly. And also the hydraulics can be very noisy.
- Simple structure
- Easy to use
- Easy to install and maintain
Electric winches are not suitable for very heavy or large loads.
After knowing these pros and cons of these power winches, you can make a decision now.
If you have any question, please feel free to consult our experts.
How Does A Hydraulic Winch Work?
Hydraulic winch is also called electro-hydraulic winch, which is driven by a hydraulic pump by an electric motor, and the generated oil pressure drives the oil motor, and then the winch runs through a reducer (or without a reducer).
What Is Winch Hydraulic System?
Each hydraulic system design is unique to your specific application, but the basic concept of hydraulic system is the same. That is, the force is transmitted from one point to another by using an incompressible fluid. The pump and control valves are common components of hydraulic system.
The design of hydraulic motor is highly related to pump. In the selection of hydraulic pump, there are two main factors you need to consider:
First, the pump you choose should deliver proper flow at any required engine speed.
Second, make sure you select the proper rotation.
Directional control valves
It is the most common control used with your winch. The directional control valve has two main option, hydraulic or electric remote control with hand lever.
The valve control is also fitted with open center spool which can be spring returned to neutral. It is a safety design. Once the operator’ hand leaves the valve lever, the winch will stop running.