We offer durable hydraulic towing winch to tow a large boat effectively and easily. It is designed with large pulling force from 10 tons to 200 tons, and the working speed is 10m/min.
The hydraulic winch for towing is available in single drum, double drum and three drum configurations, ideal for various tugboats.
Our boat tow winch has high strength and great working efficiency, a popular option for heavy duty marine applications.
Configurations And Options of Towing Winches for Your Reference
Single Drum or Double Drum
This powerful winch comes in two main configurations: single drum and double drum, of which the double drum winch can be coaxial and waterfall type.
– Single drum towing winch is a simple winch system to handle your boat effectively and safely.
– While double drum towing winch is designed to improve working efficiency, since the double drum delivers higher and better power.
The winch can be designed with small warping head, a secondary drum to receive multiple wraps of rope around the circumference of the member.
If you require a warp winch, you should specify the cable load and nominal speed in order to design the perfect winch system for your applications.
Rope Spooling Device
According to user needs, the drum can be equipped with automatic or manual rope spooling device.
- Manual band brake
- Manual clutch
- Grooved drum
- Overload limiter
- Limit switches
- Emergency stop
- Load measuring device
- Emergency Release
Our marine towing winches are available in various capacities and sizes to fit your desired specifications. They are designed with the best drive system, control system and outfitting for high efficiency and great durability. Contact us for a quote!
|Model||Hydraulic towing winch|
|Load capacity||5 ton – 300 ton|
|Drum capacity||200m- 1500m|
|Working speed||4.5m/min – 20 m/min|
|No. of drum||Single or double|
|Certificate||BV, ABS, DNV, RMRS, etc|
Features of Hydraulic Towing Winch
- Small size, low inertia force. When a sudden overload or strop is occurring, it will not cause large impact.
- It can realize step-less transmission from zero to maximum speed.
- The hydraulic pump and motor are connected by oil pines, thus the arrangement of workpiece will not be restricted.
- The hydraulic system is able to support a load for a long time, and it can easily realize overload protection.
- Hydraulic winch is easy to control and has high degree of automation.
Applications of Hydraulic Powered Towing Winch
The hydraulic power winch for towing is highly efficient and has increased life span when it comes to boat handling. It is widely used on the shore as well as on the tugboat to haul small to large vessels.
During towing operations, the drum will rotate to wind the rope in and out. It is also used to store the rope.
Our winch is able to tow a large boat up to 200 tons. We also offer custom design to meet your heavier towing needs or special requirements.
Aicrane winches are designed to be powerful, durable and effective so that they can stand any weather conditions in the marine environments.
Things to Consider When Selecting A Marine Hydraulic Towing Winch
There are several things to consider in the selection of the right winch:
- Your required drum capacity
- Maximum bollard pull
- Support load capacity (about 3 times the drum capacity)
- Diameter of rope
- Nominal speed (single speed, two speed or three speed)
- Rope capacity
- Operating voltage
- Do you require a rope guide?
- Structural form (single or double drum, coaxial or waterfall type)
- Left-hand or right-hand operation
- Do you require a warping head?
- How is the working condition?
- Do you need a classification society certification, such as CCS, ABS, BV and RMRS.
To get the precise price for your hydraulic towing winch, you should consider the above issues and questions and discuss your winch specifications with one of our professionals.
What Is A Hydraulic Tow Winch And How Does It Work?
Hydraulic towing winch is a system that winds wire rope on a drum while maintaining stable tension. It is used to tow the boat, and the pulling force of the towing winch is generally large.
The hydraulic winch is driven by hydraulic pressure, and the prime mover drives the hydraulic pump to input oil into the component to make it work.
Through the hydraulic working principle, the hydraulic winch can reach a powerful winch pressure in a short time, so that the performance of the whole winch can be fully displayed in the shortest time.
What Are The Main Components of Hydraulic Towing Winch?
The tug towing winch is a heavy duty unit operated by using a hydraulic pump. It transmits power through a hydraulic motor or cylinder. This equipment is mainly composed of hydraulic pump station, drum, rope, brake system and control system.
What Are The Technical Requirements for Hydraulic Towing Winch?
- The winch should be outfitted with overload limiter for safe towing operations.
- All winches should be equipped with band brake, an extra drum brake with two main functions, normal braking and emergency braking. In the event of emergency release or power failure, it will not cause the brake to completely disengage.
- The drum should be designed to store at least 50m wire rope.
- The winch should be fitted with rope guide to spool the rope better on the drum.
- This equipment can also be designed with warping head. If the warping head handles the wire rope manually, the pulling force should not exceed 100Kn.
- It can be designed with gypsy wheel to handle anchor.
- If it is used on newly built tugboats, the tug winch should be equipped with load measuring device.
- The rope drum is able to be released urgently when it winds the rope in and out or it is braked.
- The winch control panel can also be designed with emergency release device.