Electric mooring winch is a reliable and safe winch equipment in marine to berth boats and ships as well as stabilize the berth. It is generally fixed on the shore. This marine winch can also be installed on the boat for mooring purposes.
- The capacity of mooring winch is in a range of 5t to 50 tons, and the working speed is generally 10m/min.
- According to the drum configurations, our electric mooring winches can be divided into single drum winch, double drum winch and three drum winch.
- According to the structure, the winches can be classified into left-hand type and right-hand type.
5T marine electric mooring winches to UAE
Delivery video of 2 units of 50t electric mooring winches
What Is the Purpose of Mooring Winch?
This type of winch can operate effectively when the ship is berthing. It has many other functions, such as drifting, supporting and positioning during loading and unloading. At the same time, by means of constant tension, it helps compensate for deviation caused the vibration.
The electric type mooring winch is very easy and safe to use as compared to a hydraulic mooring winch. It has simple structure and can be controlled remotely. Powered by electricity, this winch machine has low operating cost.
What Are the Two Types of Electric Mooring Winches?
We supply a wide variety of electric mooring winches to suit varied needs of customers. According to the winch drum, we offer two main types of electric mooring winches: single drum and double drum.
Single Drum Mooring Winch
|Model||Single drum mooring winch|
|Load capacity||1~100 ton|
|Protection level||IP 56|
Double Drum Mooring Winch
|Model||Double drum mooring winch|
|Load capacity||20~100 ton|
|Protection level||IP 56|
In addition, according to the working speed, there are single speed, two speed and three speed winches. And according to the structure, we offer coaxial winch and waterfall winch to match your performance and operating conditions. The mooring winch for ships can also be right-hand and left-hand based on user’s preference.
How to Select The Right Mooring Winch?
In order to select a proper electric mooring winch machine, there are a few main specifications you need to specify:
- The working load of winch drum
- Holding load
- Rope diameter
- Nominal speed
- Rope capacity
- Operating voltage and structural requirements
- Do you require a rope guide?
- Do you need an automatic mooring winch?
- How is the working condition?
- Do you need a warping end?
- Do you need a classification society certification?
These questions are very useful for deciding the most suitable winch system for your particular applications.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us and discuss your specifications with our winch experts.
Features of Aicrane Electric Mooring Winch
– Reliable and durable performance
– Easy operation and excellent safety
– Easy installation and minimal maintenance
– Simple structure and reasonable cost
Mooring Winch Design to Your Specs!
Electric mooring winch is a simple piece of marine machine incorporating a winch onto which the rope is wound. Through spur gear transmission system, the motor drive is connected to the winch drum and warping end. The transmission system can also be fitted with a clutch and a band brake. The warping end functions as a locking device as it can prevent the rope from sliding off the drum when it is pulled excessively.
Backed by professional technical team, the electric mooring winch supplied by our company can be designed into any capacity and size to match your business demands, such as 5 ton mooring winch, 10 ton mooring winch, 15 ton mooring winch, 20 ton mooring winch and 50 ton mooring winch. Besides, it can be custom designed and constructed to meet your special requirements.
Different Capacities of electric mooring winches display in Aicrane winch factory:
Technical Requirements of Mooring Winch
Generally, the safety factor of the cable is 6~8. If no special requirements are specified, the safety factor will be 6. The rope is available in many different types, such as synthetic fiber and wire rope. When using the wire rope, the diameter of the drum is not less than 16 times the designed rope diameter.
Automatic control brake
The electric mooring winch will be equipped with automatic control brake. When the handle is at the brake or the winch is unpowered, this device should automatically brake.
Each winch should be equipped with drum brake for a safe winching operation.
The direction of movement should be clearly marked on the control device.
For double drum mooring winch or winch with warping end, a clutch should be placed between the drive unit and the drum.
The warping end is optional for your mooring winch. Its shape should meet the standard of GB7390.
According to the customer’s requirements, rope guide can be fitted on the electric marine winch.
Selecting A Trusted Marine Electric Mooring Winch Manufacturer
Looking for a reliable and durable windlass mooring winch? You can trust Aicrane!
- We have a wealth of experience in winch design, fabrication, delivery, installation and maintenance.
- Our winch products have been exported to many countries and regions in the world.
- The mooring winch offered by our company is available with multiple types and configurations, mainly including electric, hydraulic winches. Each of them can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Our winches are meant for the utmost efficiency, safety, reliability and durability of mooring operations.
- What’s more, we offer the most competitive winch price to our clients.
To receive an electric mooring winch quotation, please feel free to contact us!
Mooring Winch Maintenance Tips
A proper maintenance of mooring winch is indeed important for the overall safe mooring operations. Here are some maintenance tips for your reference.
- Check the critical components of winch machine prior mooring to make sure they are in good working conditions. For instance, check all controls, rope and drum.
- Conduct regular greasing of rotating parts of mooring winch, such as rollers, drum and fairleads.
- Conduct visual inspection periodically for damages.
- Clear walkway to ensure the deck is completely free of obstructions and oil residues.
- Maintain the wire rope regularly to improve its performance as well as extend its life.
- Mark and label the winch properly to ensure a safe and effective operation. Specifically speaking, the rotating direction of the drum should be clearly marked; the fairleads and rollers should be marked with their safe working limits; braking capacity shall be marked.
For more information, talk to one of our winch experts!