Electric anchor winch is specifically designed for anchoring purpose, which is easy to operate, install and maintain. It is generally installed on the main deck of a ship, and it has two main types, anchor rope winch and chain winch.
The electric anchor handling winch is ideal for small to medium-sized boats. For heavy duty applications, you can select a hydraulic anchor winch.
Our winches for boats feature robust construction, low cost and high efficiency. The manufacturing of winch is in line with national standard CB/T 4249-2013.
5 ton electric anchor winch for Maldives customer
Working load: 50kN, nominal speed: 6m/min, rope capacity: ø16mm x 100m (4 layers)
1.5T single gypsy electric anchor windlass on the customer’s boat
Various marine winches at Aicrane factory
Types of Electric Anchor Winch Provided by AICRANE
The electric boat anchor winch mainly consists of electric motor, reducer, drive gear, clutch, chain wheel, brake control rod, rope drum and band brake. It comes in two main configurations: anchor rope winch and chain winch. Each form is designed with particular features and advantages.
Rope anchor winch
With rope attached to the anchor, the winch is capable of implementing anchoring operations. The rope winch features high efficiency, long service life and minimal maintenance.
Chain anchor winch
- This type of electric anchor windlass is built with anchor chain and chain wheel.
- According to manufacturing method, the anchor chain is available with cast steel, welded and forged type. According to the steel grade, it can be divided into AM1, AM2 and AM3.
- These types of anchor chain are designed for different uses and working conditions.
- We also offer single and double chain wheel to suit varied needs of customers.
In addition, the winch can be divided into vertical anchor winch, horizontal anchor winch, left-hand anchor winch and right-hand anchor winch according to the machine structure. Generally speaking, the vertical windlass refers to a capstan, which is commonly found on small boats for anchoring and mooring purposes. While a horizontal windlass is widely used on larger boats. For example, commercial ships more often use horizontal anchor winch.
Technical Parameters of Electric Anchor Winch
|Model||Electric Anchor Winch|
|Dia of anchor chain/rope||ø12mm – ø128mm|
|No. of gypsy||Single or double|
|Load capacity||1 ton- 100 ton|
|Certificate||BV, ABS, DNV, RMRS, etc|
How Do You Buy The Right Anchor Winch?
When buying an anchor winch, you should determine your anchor winch specifications, including:
- Working load
- Nominal size
- Nominal speed
- Weight and size of anchor
- Length and diameter of chain or wire rope
Other questions include do you need anchors and anchor chains, what is the using condition, and do you need classification society certification.
You can consult our winch experts, and with their help and guidance, you can determine the appropriate winch size and type.
Unique Features of Aicrane Anchor Winches
- The winch equipment is available with many different types and sizes ranging from small anchor winch to large capacity heavy duty winch to meet a wide range of applications.
- Constructed from high quality steel, the electric anchor windlass winch has prolonged working life.
- Due to simple structure, the winch is very easy to manage.
- The electric anchor winch cost is relatively lower than a hydraulic winch.
- It has easy and quick installation, minimal maintenance and reduced downtime.
- Custom design is available to meet special requirements of customers.
How Do You Use An Electric Anchor Winch?
At present, the anchor winches for seagoing vessels are mainly electric windlass and electro-hydraulic anchor winch (also known as hydraulic windlass).
The electric anchor winch for small boats utilizes electric motor which will drive the drum to rotate after multi-stage deceleration is achieved by large and small gears in the reduction gearbox. Due to a high requirement for reduction ratio, the speed reduction mechanism is relatively large.
The uses of a marine anchor winch typically fall in small to medium-sized boats and ships. The diameter is anchor chain is generally in a range of 16 to 93mm.
Working principle: when used for dropping or lowering an anchor, the clutch will be disengaged. The main shaft and drum rotate and the chain wheel doesn’t. However, when used to weigh anchor, the clutch will be closed. And the rope drum and chain wheel rotate simultaneously. The band brake is designed to brake the chain wheel in order to control the chain speed.
Note: if the water depth exceeds 25m, the anchor should be sent to about 10m from the seabed and then free falls. When the water depth is more than 40m, the anchor should be directly sent to the seabed, and then the chain will be slowly loosened with the brake.
Why Choose Aicrane
- As one of leading winch manufacturers in China, we always provide durable and reliable winch products to our clients.
- Our power winch electric anchor winches are ruggedly constructed to ensure a longer life.
- We also adopt durable paint systems with these winches.
- The critical components of winch machine are all sourced from dependable suppliers home and abroad.
- Additionally, backed by professional technical team, we are capable of offering a bespoke solution with high strength, durability, safety and suitability, and also at a reasonable price.
- To simplify the order process of customers, we can offer them the winch design, fabrication, delivery, installation and maintenance on requests.
To get the most competitive electric anchor winch price, contact us now!
Tips for Safe Anchoring Operation
It is very important to properly and safely anchor your boat. The following tips will guide you to a safe anchoring operation.
- Before deciding the position where to anchor your boat, you should cruise around and check the boats that have been already at anchor to make sure you have enough room.
- Keep in mind that boats that are attached to rope swing around more than those to chain.
- As the boat stops completely, you can start to lower the anchor.
- After lowering the anchor, make sure it is holding firm.
- Do not switch off the engine until you can make sure the anchor is set.
- If your boat is close to shore, you can use prominent landmarks to check if you are holding your position. And conduct the check frequently.
- The boat should always be anchored via the bow.