Hydraulic capstan is an extremely versatile machine in marine industry that can be designed for anchoring or mooring purposes. It can be installed on the deck of boat or on the shore depending on the use of the equipment. This type of capstan is equipped with hydraulic drive, with or without inverter, which is intended for higher efficiency and greater durability. The capstan with pull capacity of 0.5 ton up to 35 tons, helps you do the job easily and quickly.
|Wire rope capacity||customized|
|Rope dia||ø11mm – ø60mm|
|Working speed||≥8m/min or customized|
Different Types of Capstans Available at Aicrane
We offer a range of marine capstans for all types and tonnages of vessels. These machines can provide optimum performance in marine applications and environments. They are portable and easily fit into your job sites.
The main types of capstan winches we provide are as follows:
1. The capstan can be designed with a vertical axle or horizontal axle, namely, vertical capstan or horizontal capstan:
- Generally, the hydraulic vertical capstan makes up the majority of capstan sales. It suits smaller powerboats or sailboats, which can be used for anchor rodes, or auxiliary line hauling from any direction. The capstan is generally situated above the deck, and the motor and gearbox below.
- The horizontal capstan is ideal for horizontal handling of chain only anchor rodes. It is mounted completely above deck.
The selection of a vertical or horizontal capstan winch is largely determined by your specific uses, deck thickness and under deck space.
2. According to the purposes of the machine, we have anchor capstan and mooring capstan for you to choose from:
- The anchor capstan is commonly found in deck of a boat to raise or lower an anchor.
- While the mooring capstan is ideal for confined space to moor a ship.
3. In addition, according to line speed, our capstans are available in single speed, two speed and three speed.
These capstans have small size and are easily disassembled for servicing. If you require a simple and low-cost anchor handling or mooring solution, a small capstan can be the best option.
What Are The Benefits of Hydraulic Capstans?
- Increased efficiency and durability
- Almost effortless anchor handling or rope control
- Simple and low cost anchoring or mooring operations.
- Ideal for confined spaces due to dimensions
- Modular design for simple installation
- The hydraulic system is well worth considering since it can provide constant speed under all load conditions as compared to an electric system. It offers an integrated and efficient power pack.
- This system is ideally suited to the most demanding applications in marine as it is highly efficient, reliable and durable.
Uses of Hydraulic Driven Capstan
- It functions on the same principle as a winch. However, It is far more small than a winch, making it widely preferred when the space is limited.
- It can be used to moor a vessel in the confines of a marina. The mooring capstan gives the operator full control of mooring lines.
- It can be designed for anchor recovery or rope hauling on vessels.
- The hydraulically powered capstan is sometimes used in railway goods yards for shunting, or shifting railcars short distances.
Things to Consider When Selecting A Capstan
In order to select the right type of capstan for your application, there are a few things you need to take into account:
- Uses of the capstan (anchoring or mooring)
- Working environments (on the deck or on the shore)
- Vertical capstan or horizontal capstan
- Your required load capacity or pulling force
- Your requirement for line speed
- Your required capstan size
- Other special requirements
If you would like to receive the best quote from us, please specify your required winch specifications mentioned the above as much as possible. Our professional engineers and sales team will assist you to select the right equipment that provides proper balance between efficiency, cost, suitability and durability.
Small Hydraulic Capstan Components
The capstan mainly consists of a drum, motor, gearbox and control. It is driven hydraulically. High quality steel components provide high strength and durability.
The drum rotates about an axis to wind a line (rope, cable or chain) in and out. Our capstan can be designed to take chain only, rope only or a combination of both. It is very important to select the right size and right grade of rope or chain since if it is not matched to the equipment, problems may occur, such as the chain jumping off or the chain jamming.
The heavy duty motor is specifically designed for marine duty applications. It can be located on deck or under deck depending on the type of the equipment.
The gearbox is generally used to trade reduced speed for increased torque. It is made of corrosion resistant materials for high reliability and durability.
In addition, the machine is coated with a durable paint system for excellent corrosion resistance and a beautiful finish.
Why Choose Aicrane?
We have been in the winch and capstan industry for many years, and supply a variety of winches and capstans to suit varied needs of customers. We not only sell the capstans worldwide, but serve the equipment globally.
Quality products – we offer the most reliable and sustainable capstans that can withstand the harshest marine conditions. Each of the equipment is built with high quality steel. We also use the state of art processing facilities to ensure the quality of the capstan.
Factory price – each of our product is supplied with factory price to help you create maximum value for your business.
Perfect service – over years of hard work, we have established a perfect service system that comprises 8 after-sales service networks (including Russia, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Algeria and Kazakhstan) and over 60 engineers for after-sales service. We offer the equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance on requests.
Would you like to get a competitive price of your hydraulic capstan? Please feel free to contact us!